Need Schematic symbol electrical

Maikel_81

Hello, I'm starting to use Autocad Mep again, and now I've been asked to do some electrical diagrams, but by using the workspace (Schematic) Electrical, many symbols do not appear.

Where I can get more?

Thank you

Did you try doing a search on "electrical symbols"+"autocad"? I'm sure you'll come across something.

Are the symbols that you do have in MEP come with attributes?

Thanks for your answer, I have created a library used by all projects until today, but I want to insert in MEP to be "intelligent" and enable blocks with attributes, that could be done?

MEP blocks do not take attributes, but if information systems, etc.

What do you mean "MEP blocks do not "take" attributes? Do you mean that the blocks come without attributes or that attributes cannot be made part of the block for some reason? BTW...I don't use MEP.

Can you name one symbol you are currently searching for that does not come standard with MEP?

Sorry, but I am expressing bad because my English is very bad.

I need to do several line diagrams of electricity, but in autocad mep, there are only very few elements to make a single-line diagram of electricity.

Attached a picture of the blocks on mep.

For example I need a block:

Molded case circuit breaker, AF-Ampere trip, AT- Ampere Frame, Fixed type (p= no of poles)

attachment.php?attachmentid=58685&cid=1&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=58686&cid=1&stc=1

Capture scheme electrical.JPG

block.JPG

And none of the "sample" blocks that come with MEP have attributes is that what you are saying?

Is it my eyes or are the symbols for circuit breaker and switch almost identical?

Examples of blocks found in AutoCAD electrical...

ElecSym_1.JPG

Each block has a number of different attributes. For example, the circuit breaker block has 18 attributes.

ElecSym_2.jpg

• 1 month later...

I believe that the symbol your looking at in the OPs post is a circuit breaker but it seems to be a older version. The difference is it would have a value attached to it like 20 amp or 15 amp to show what current it would trip at. A switch doesn't normally have this value attached unless the current rating of the switch was needed for switching purposes.