Extra Grips on Ellipse

in Auto cad 2007 or 2009 when trim an ellipse along horizontally or vertically and slant line

Ellipse.jpg ,

Auto cad give us additional grips , but in Auto cad 2013 , 2014 ..... 2016 don't show this effect.

please guidance me.

thanks

Edited by reza

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• reza

• Dana W

• ReMark

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is the value of the system variable PELLIPSE? If it is "0" try setting it to "1" and see if that cures what ails you.

in Auto cad 2007 or 2009 when trim an ellipse along horizontally or vertically and slant line

Ellipse (2).jpg

Auto cad give us additional grips , but in Auto cad 2013 , 2014 ..... 2016 don't show this effect.

please guidance me.

thanks

Try again but in a new drawing. Before drawing the ellipse reset the PELLIPSE variable to "1".

The older versions (pre R14) of AutoCAD drew a polyline representation of an ellipse while those that came after draw an true ellipse thus resulting in fewer grip points.

Get A Grip.jpg

AutoCAD 2015

Maybe he got lost and wandered in here by mistake or he was expecting "instant" service not realizing we are all volunteers.

Don't worry Dana, Trump said that's another problem he's going to fix (theft of intellectual property). In no time at all they'll be paying through the nose like everyone else. Gotta run....beer night.

Dear Dana W & ReMark

Before i am sorry for poor English

i think in the forum only Performed Technical Discuss

Done.....

i don't Conclusion from ReMark thread

Loved ones

i need find maximum distance from line to perimeter of cut ellipse

it is (grips) very Simply in autocad 2007 whit system variable PELLIPSE "0"

You've dealt with this issue (grips) in auto cad 2007 ?

I CAN ATTACH DWG FILE VERSION 2007

are you open that in autocad 2007 or 2009 ?

No, reza. Unlike you, I have only one version of AutoCad, 2015, to play with. I believe in the newer versions of AutoCad, trimmed ellipses become splines, but that is only a guess since I deal with elipses only a couple of times a year.

Show an example of what you are seeing in 2016.

There are several system variables that control grips, check the values of those.

I can only view this in AutoCAD 2016 at the moment. It places 1 grip in the center, 4 square grips on the original vertices and 2 arrow grips on the trimmed ends (it retains the ellipse geometry even after trimming).

ellipse_grips.png

I am not sure if this grip arrangement can be changed via any System Variable, but that would surely help.

Interesting find though! :geek:

I have the same display in Vanilla 2013, and I thought that the GRIPMULTIFUNCTION system variable might help you turn them off, but it does not in 2013.

Try setting it to 0, but I am guessing it will be the same as in 2013.

I can only view this in AutoCAD 2016 at the moment. It places 1 grip in the center, 4 square grips on the original vertices and 2 arrow grips on the trimmed ends (it retains the ellipse geometry even after trimming).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58798[/ATTACH]

I am not sure if this grip arrangement can be changed via any System Variable, but that would surely help.

Interesting find though! :geek:

And they stay that way until somebody converts them to polylines. That's when you have to jump out of the chair and seek higher ground to escape the grip tsunami onslaught. :D