reducing vertexes 38000 to 5000 but still unmanagable....

cat3appr

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dadgad

• cat3appr

• BIGAL

• MillerMG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi

Do you perhaps have access to Civil3D. If so the WEED command is specifically for this problem. Map3D also has drawing cleanup routines...

still, the problem remains the same, how do i reduce the vertexes?

There are a few weed LISPs around for AutoCAD, but why go through all the trouble of having the coordinates in Excel if they aren't all needed?

So to answer your question...

1. Find and use a weed LISP

2. Reduce the amount of coordinates in Excel

See POST #18

I ran WEEDFEATURES. I told it to make the grips every 15 feet apart. This worked, BUT I was still able to snap to endpoints that were not grips

My last $0.05 worth this looks like data logger output hence the thousands of points, if its plots required then find data logger plot software.

A side issue my daughter put her I phone on the record player and started pokemon to gain distance points after 5 minutes she had moved 3m how many points at x / second transmitted over the mobile network ?

Sorry BIGAL I have no idea what you are asking in regards to your side issue. I have tried attaching the phone to my dogs collar and played fetch hahahaha

When working with polylines like this I've found that issuing a command before selecting the polyline works better than selecting then issuing the command.

Like SLW210 we have had some quirky things when the Layer manager is on turn it off as well.

Side issue MillerMg your just trying to get Pokemon points via your dog.

Interesting Cat3appr are you out there, or is time for us to give up ?