SDI Problem

flyingjunkie

I tried searching for a solution to this, but can't find anything anywhere. Hopefully, someone here can help me out.

I am currently using AutoCAD Electrical 2014. I am sometimes forced to switch between SDI=0 and SDI=1. I've had this issue pop up several times that I can't find a fix to. When switching back to SDI=0, my file tabs are turned off. When I turn them back on and try opening multiple drawings, only one drawing tab is shown and the rest are forced into they overflow. Is there a way to change the number of tabs displayed or to "refresh" the tab display area to allow it to show multiple tabs again? I've tried dragging the single open tab, but it won't allow me to do so. The only solution I've found is to shut down AutoCAD and restart it. Is there a fix to this, or is it bug? Any help that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, in advance!

When did this problem first occur?

Are you current with all service pack updates?

Have you tried doing a REPAIR of the installation. Note: A Repair is not the same as an uninstall/reinstall.

It first occurred a few weeks ago, and I didn't have it pop up again until just before I made the post. I have my ACAD up to date as far as my IT department allows. They have this stupid idea in their head that, "well, if it ain't acting up yet, there's no need to install service packs." (I know.... Dumbest IT department I've ever been involved with.) Anyways, I have not tried a repair as I can't get the problem to replicate on a consistent basis. It seems to just happen at random. I'm wondering if it's just a bug or something.

Random?

So one day you could find SDI = 0 and two days later find it could be 1?

Bugs are usually addressed via service packs. That's their primary purpose. So does your IT department also refuse to install the weekly updates for Windows as well?

Our IT department doesn't update Windows at all.

I just got them to update mine when one of the software packages for the waterjet wasn't working, they said no way it was anything to do with Windows updates.

Give you 1 guess as to what fixed the problem.

At least I can update my other software and drivers myself, I just updated my driver to the latest from the manufacturer (I had the latest from Autodesk) and that fixed a couple of glitches I had.

You might get your IT department involved in this problem.

Random?

So one day you could find SDI = 0 and two days later find it could be 1?

[/url]

What I meant is that sometimes, when switching between SDI=1 and SDI=0, the problem of messed up tabs occurs at random, not that my ACAD just randomly switches in and out of SDI mode.

Bugs are usually addressed via service packs. That's their primary purpose. So does your IT department also refuse to install the weekly updates for Windows as well?

Trust me... This has been a source of contention since the day I got here... I keep asking them, "If there's a rusty spot in a boat, are you just going to wait until it starts sinking to fix it? Are you going to wait until someone hacks into our systems to update our security?" I usually get met with glazed silence... Extremely infuriating. I know that probably 99% of the problems I've experienced could be cleared up with the service packs, but they seem to think, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it..." Well, guess what... It's broke... And they still won't fix it....