modifying texts based on increasing distance

cat3appr

Hello,

I have to handle quite a lot of measure markers on some charts, like these ones

and I basically need to modify those into different numbers... is there a way to do this automatically or I have to do this one by one? For instance, you see that the marks start at 1.08 ; 1.10 ; 1.12 ...etc ... i'd like to make them start from 1.20 for example and modify the next ones accordingly: 1.22 ; 1.24..... any idea? thanks a lot!

attachment.php?attachmentid=58725&cid=1&stc=1

Screenshot - 27_07_2016 , 09_40_33.jpg

Do these measure markers need to be "LIVE", meaning are they dynamic?

In the thread title you describe them as texts, if that is really what they are, it becomes easy.

I think I can guess what your answer will be, but if they are merely a graphic representation, as opposed to keyed to an external link, spreadsheet, or something along those lines, then you could explode them, and physically move all of the markers with the MOVE command however many increments or steps you want, leaving you to manually do only a handful after the shift has been completed.

Do these measure markers need to be "LIVE", meaning are they dynamic?

In the thread title you describe them as texts, if that is really what they are, it becomes easy.

I think I can guess what your answer will be, but if they are merely a graphic representation, as opposed to keyed to an external link, spreadsheet, or something along those lines, then you could explode them, and physically move all of the markers with the MOVE command however many increments or steps you want, leaving you to manually do only a handful after the shift has been completed.

Perhaps you could use one of the lisps that operate on numbers in a drawing, and add 0.12 to your numbers

So, does anyone have a procedure on how to do this?

So, does anyone have a procedure on how to do this?

I use a lisp called TextMath, but it is quite old and there are more modern ones about. The key words to search for are "math" and "text" or variations on those words!

Another dissatisfied customer it seems.

not really, I just repeated my question because it wasn't answered :)

You will probably achieve better results posting in the appropriate forums, this one should be in the AutoLISP, Visual LISP & DCL Forum, where I have moved it.

LeeMac has a nice LISP for this HERE, maybe, you have not given any information on what those markers are, Text, Mtext, Attribute, etc.

It also helps in many cases to post a drawing file.

This may not work because it says he has AutoCad and not Civil, but if you have civil you can just simply run an alignment that will label all the PI's with the correct stationing.

I have seen more kudos to Lee Mac than anyone on any forum. If you have any question that may contain a LISP to solve you should go check his work out. There is a high probability that he has something that will at least help you at least get started.

I have seen more kudos to Lee Mac than anyone on any forum. If you have any question that may contain a LISP to solve you should go check his work out. There is a high probability that he has something that will at least help you at least get started.

Maybe you missed his response to this thread?