Problem with selection!!!

remizana

Hi guys

I have 2 problems:

1- As you know in max by clicking on the same point, every time, an object beneath the other one is selected...

in mine it doesn't work!!!!

and I know the selection lock (by space bar) is off...

I can select the overlapped objects just in wire frame mode and it doesn't work in shaded mode at all, and I can't relocate a pivot by snaps...

2- how can I turn off the white rectangle selection, that appears around object ?

attachment.php?attachmentid=58780&cid=1&stc=1

00.JPG

Why do you have overlapping objects? The best way to select an object that is overlapping another object is to hit "H" on your keyboard and choose the object you want from the list.

To turn off the white selection box, hit "J" on your keyboard.

With all the exclamation points in your thread title, I thought this was a serious problem you were having that needed a quick response. But now it's 2 days later and still no reply to let us know if your issue is resolved or a thank you for the help that was provided. Oh well, you're welcome. :roll:

Hi , I'm so sorry. you are right... and thank you so much , you are always there to answer my problems..

At the first moment you replied I red you answer, and the first one"I mean J key " was solved.

but about the other issue.... it dose not...

imagine in a scene, there is a wall and a picture on it and a light over it... then maybe with the first click on the light, the picture is selected and with the second one the wall is selected and with the third one the light is selected and the whole process takes just one or two seconds.... it is what 3d max dose always ... but in my 3d it doesn't work like this...I know I can filter my selection for example when I want to select a light... but I wanted to know is there any solution to fix this...

know mostly I use F3 in wire frame mode to select in my scene and I try to work somehow...