Add units to the drawing

engmoh4u

Hi,

I finished my drawing but I made a mistake by selecting wrong unit.

I know centimeter is (1 m=100 cm) but actually I draw as 1 m equal 10 cm so when I tried to put dimension the dimension dimply for example 120 cm but in actual it should be 1200 cm.

Is there is any method to add 100 cm to the whole drawing so-that I can have the actual dimensions.

First thing. What do you mean by "Selecting wrong unit"? Which unit did you select and how did you select your unit?

If you "selected" units using the UNITS command, That is only the units AutoCad will use to measure your objects with, not the actual "drawing Units". and it does not affect your dimensions.

Look into the command -dwgunits. Note the leading dash. Once you have selected the correct drawing unit with that command, if it is not already correct, it will ask you if you want to scale the drawing to fit the new units. It will fix it for you.

Save your drawing as Test Drawing.dwg or something, and try -dwgunits on the new copy first rather than the original, just in case this is not the right solution.

However, if it is simply a case of an incorrect assumption about the units on your part, just select everything at once and Scale all of it one time by a scale factor of 10. When the scale command asks for a basepoint, enter 0,0 as your base point for the scaling. Erase your dimensions first, or the text and arrowheads will also become 10 times larger, (unless you want that). If you also scale the dimensions, added dimensions will not have the same size text and arrowheads.

It sounds like you might have simply drawn everything 1/10th its actual size.

Or use your work as reference (command: Xref) with the correcting scale factor and annotate this further. You should consider putting in the right units BEFORE you start a 3d model or 2d drawing. Much more effective..