Autolisp for partial distances(0.000.000), cumulative distance(0+000)pipeline profile

nijil

HI THERE!

AUTOLISP FOR Copy of data from excel to acad.xlsxIN TEXT 90DEG ROTATED,

NEED A AUTOLISP THAT CAN FUNCTION TO CREATE PARTIAL DISTANCES(0.000.000), CUMULATIVE DISTANCE(0+000.000) BASED ON THE LENGTH BETWEEN THE EACH VERTEX OF THE POLYLINE (APPROX. 3.69KM),

PLEASE FIND THE ATTACHED DRAWING,

THANKS IN ADVANCE

PLEASE HELP,:twisted:

CREATE A LISP FOR PL.dwg

Thank you, d

that wasnt im looking for, although it can give the length,

this lisp cant help to finish the work in time, can you go though to the attached files, 8)

As the data is coming from excel its a simple pythagoras theory to work out the distance between pts and make a running total. There are lots of label pline vertices lisps out there also. Just add to the text line a Ch 1234.56 etc

here is an example

chainage on PL.lsp

Edited by BIGAL

Thank you, d

that wasnt im looking for, although it can give the length,

this lisp cant help to finish the work in time, can you go though to the attached files, 8)

nijil, sorry, but I beg to differ. While it may not do everything you need done, without your needing to lift a finger, it is certainly a giant step in the right direction.

Meaning that it certainly CAN help to expedite the task at hand.

The issue of finishing the work in time, which I understand is a real concern on your part, is affected by lots of variables, chronic offenders being the implementation of unrealistic deadlines, or lack of forethought.

I encounter this all the time in my own work. Architects spend months longer than has been anticipated, to produce and sign off on geometry, for projects upon which we are working.

No responsibility is taken for this, not adjustments made to the timeline, and the perception is that the next link in the chain is blessed with super natural powers, and burdened with the responsibility of retarding the passage of time, in order to complete their work, within the original time constraints of the project. In such cases, timelines have to be adjusted. We all hope to work quickly and efficiently, and aspire to best case timeline projections, but in the real world, there is no substitute for recognizing that, for what it is. It is always better to factor in extra time for changes, weather, bureaucratic delays, as students of history. By doing that, things tend to run more smoothly, and occasionally jobs can actually come in ahead of time, and under budget. As abnormal as that sounds, I have yet to hear anybody complain about it. The work is done better, because people are happier, more focused on what they should be, and relieved of all the unnecessary stress caused by doing it under the gun.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound unsympathetic, I can relate to the pressures or unrealistic deadlines, as sadly they seem to be the norm, in so many projects.

Unfortunately, I am illisperate, and so unable to help further than to direct folks who post on this forum, to lisp resources which I use and admire.

First and foremost, that would be to Lee Mac's wonderful site. Thanks Lee! :beer:

I will defer to BIGAL on this one, as he has lots of experience in this field, unlike myself, and is lisperate.

I hope that he or one of the other forum members has something more to help you get it in, under the wire. :)

Edited by Dadgad

hi friends, thank you for your prompt replies,

i have still hope in you, that someone can sort this out, all the data i have made it (attached) from none,

that is the text format i have to change in it - partial distances(0.000.000), cumulative distance(0+000)pipeline profile!