XREF completely wrong coordinates and wrong scales

Hi all,

Granted that I have done the exact same process for a previous chart, and it worked, granted that I've already looked up the issue in various forums and all the suggestions didnt work, here's the thing:

When I try to xref that /profile DWG it goes completely somewhere else and in a huge scale :

Screenshot - 03_08_2016 , 11_30_14.jpg

If someone wants to give it a try, the files are here basically you have to open the -005.dwg , xref _CLAD_ovl.dwg and xref _profiles.dwg ... profiles will fly somewhere else.

Though I've xreffed the same _Profiles.dwg on another chart and it went exactly next to the _ovl.dwg, as you can see in the picture.

Once again, I tried all the suggestions: insunits=6 ; inbase= 0,0 , nothing worked.

any input is welcome, thank you!

I am afraid that you are mixing up your drawing units.

The drawing -005 has drawing units of kilometres.

The profile drawing has units of metres, and the base point is not near the actual drawing (9600000,514300).

So first of all, use the BASE command to set the insertion point of the profiles drawing near to the action.

Then when x-reffing, set the insert scale to be 0.001, and you will see the profiles drawing at the cursor, and you can position it.

BasePoint.PNG

Try to set INSUNITSDEFTARGET and INSUNITSDEFSOURCE to 6 (same as insunits)

INSUNITSDEFSOURCE and INSUNITSDEFTARGET are only relevant if INSUNITS=0

INSUNITSDEFSOURCE and INSUNITSDEFTARGET are only relevant if INSUNITS=0

thanks all, the issue was indeed that the OVL was in millimeters. UNITS = meters, problem solved. question, are the commands insunits and units the same ?

INSUNITS

Specifies a drawing-units value for automatic scaling of blocks, images, or xrefs when inserted or attached to a drawing.