working with constrained dimensions

Drawing3.dwg

Hi,

I wish to have a situation in which the intermediate dimensions change equally when I increase or decrease the overall dimension (see attached dwg file). And it is necessary to have the dimensions annotative.

I tried using parametric dimensionsing along with block creation, but the drawing gets distorted.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried associative dimensions?

That would not work. Associate dimensioning requires you to have your points connected to a geometric object.

As seen in the drawing, the dimensions are more or less in the middle.

Not sure about this but why not try dimensioning 2 Autocad POINT's you would have to include them in your contraints, points can be visible or not or just real small. Use Node as the osnap when dimensioning.

Not sure about this but why not try dimensioning 2 Autocad POINT's you would have to include them in your contraints, points can be visible or not or just real small. Use Node as the osnap when dimensioning.

I did not think of that. I will give it a try later today, and keep you informed. Thanks.

So to update, I think it's much easier to just adjust while keeping the same form by using block parameters and actions. I'm still tinkering around though.

[ATTACH]58822[/ATTACH]

Hi,

I wish to have a situation in which the intermediate dimensions change equally when I increase or decrease the overall dimension (see attached dwg file). And it is necessary to have the dimensions annotative.

I tried using parametric dimensionsing along with block creation, but the drawing gets distorted.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Take a look at the attached, I think it is what you were after.

Drawing3 (1).dwg

Take a look at the attached, I think it is what you were after.

Almost.

I got a sample of what I attempted using blocks), Must remember to attach that in a next post during today.