Exploded view within drawing

Lewis C

Hello there,

Is it possible to produce an exploded view in an .idw file?

I need to produce the front, side and top views of a product in the same drawing file but not exploded - only a visual exploded representation view in the corner of the drawing is required.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Lewis

As I understand it, I believe the Viewbase functionality may have started in Inventor, before being added to Autocad.

I can't swear to it, nor do I know how to do it, just thinking out loud. No doubt the link ReMark posted will be right on the money, his links usually are. :beer:

Thanks for the replies, unfortunately ReMark's link is not what I am after; I know how to produce an exploded assembly, I was just wondering if it was possible to have just a single isolated exploded view in a drawing without the other views being exploded also.

I could produce a separate exploded assembly and import that as another base view in the same drawing, but that means two .iam files are needed (one exploded and one not). The trouble is I need to produce 35 different drawing files, so would double the amount of .iam files needed and a lot of work... surely there's an easier way?

Sorry, I meant .ipn... but yes, that exploded view alongside the non exploded view is exactly what I'm after.

Just out of curiosity, why do you create the exploded assembly in an .ipn rather than an .iam file?

Sorry, I meant .ipn... but yes, that exploded view alongside the non exploded view is exactly what I'm after.

Just out of curiosity, why do you create the exploded assembly in an .ipn rather than an .iam file?

When I started using inventor thats what I thought the ipn files where for. You basically just put your assembly in the ipn anyway.