Where is the quick properties button located in autocad mep 2016?

brite1212

Hello, I learned autocad with the vanilla 2014 version and in that version the quick properties button was located on the status bar. I have recently upgraded to autocad mep 2016 and I can't locate the quick properties button to turn on quick properties, does anyone know where it's located?

Usually there is an expandable list in the lower right hand corner of the screen, at the end of the status bar, where you can click any of the available options on or off. I don't know if that will be like that in MEP or other verticals, but in most Autocads I have used that is where you'd find it. In Autocad Vanilla CTRL + SHIFT + P will open them. That list is called the Application Status Bar Menu. It may look different in different versions, this is how it looks in Autocad Vanilla 2013.

application status bar menu.JPG

Thanks for that info Dadgad and I checked but it is nowhere to be found on the status bar; however I can access the QP through the command line.

Did you click the little down arrow as Dadgad indicated? If you click the down arrow and then go to "Status Toggles" you should be able to enable the Quick Properties button on the status bar, unless it's different in MEP.

Alternatively setting QPMODE to 1 or 0 will enable or disable Quick Properties.

QP.jpg

Cad64, thanks for clarifying that, yeah, I forgot to mention the Status Toggles dropdown list. :beer:

At any rate, brite, glad you have managed to access them, in whichever way.

I really like using Quick Properties, always have them turned on.

Have you taken the time to customize the reported information for all of the different object entity types?

If you haven't, I would very highly recommend spending 10 minutes or so, doing that. :|

For example, I don't want the same information reported for a dimension, that I would for a circle.

If you right click on the left side of the QP display, and choose Customize, you will be taken to the place to do this, in the CUI, as shown in the screenshot.

Click on an entity type in the left hand column, then look through the right hand list, and select any information which you want to be diplayed for that particular entity type.

Really helpful, so as to be shown only the information you want, and none of what you don't.

customization of QP entity reporting.jpg