Rogue Line

Can anyone help with this issue.

When we are printing (hard copy or pdf) a large line is coming across our drawings on one project only.

To try and find this line I have

unloaded and detached the xref

deleted everything from the drawing

purged

audited

removed titleblock

renewed the viewport

and even with a blank drawing with no titleblock it is still there.

I've done a lay walk and it doesn't appear so I'm at a loss of how to find it or what it is. line 2.jpg

It appeared after we had done a 'Insert and Redefine' on our titleblocks as we had to change the numbering for this project. Even so when the titleblock isn't there it shows.

Line.jpg

Attach a copy of a drawing that exhibits the unusual behavior and someone here will take a look at it. We need an actual .DWG file not an image file.

I managed to isolate just the title block and border (no objects in model space) then ran the Plot command selecting as my output a PDF. The line did not appear. Makes me think it is in model space.

OK. I managed to lose the line. I WBlocked out the model space objects as a separate drawing. I opened the drawing and copied everything in model space to the Clipboard. I then opened my stripped down version of just your title block and border and pasted the objects. I saved this new drawing under a different name, invoked the Plot command, selected DWG to PDF and clicked on the Preview button. The mystery line did not appear so I went ahead and printed to PDF. I opened the resultant file and there was no evidence of the line. Mission accomplished.

ReMark. Is it that time of the month for you??

I'm in a different time zone. I didn't sit at my desk all night in the hope someone may have a solution. My routine would be check the forum today and see what solutions people may have suggested.

Your help is appreciated. However I didn't realise there would be need for immediate gratitude.

The result I was looking for was to find the cause of the line and remove it without having to rebuild the drawings.

I currently have one of our juniors looking into the solution you suggested. Thank you for taking the time to look at the problem.

I thought you were in a hurry to fix the problem so I posted my solution about an hour after your inquiry. Had I known it wasn't a priority I would have waited until this morning.

The cause of the line, in my opinion, has something to do with your model space geometry.

No we ended up rebuilding the drawing in the end. Only took around 1 hour. I may spend some time once the project is finished and try have a real good look at the cause.