Conversion of dgn to dxf

ernestkwarteng

please i would be glad if some one can help with a lisp script that can convert multiple dng file to dxf.

REGARDS!!!!!

Welcome to CADTutor ernest. :)

I know this is not what you are asking for, but I thought it might include something that would help.

Are you talking about converting .DGN or .DNG files?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/AutoCAD-Core/files/GUID-3F4F7D09-E6A7-444F-B9C3-CA6A6E466DB1-htm.html

How many drawings do you need to convert?

Check out this lisp by Lee Mac

http://www.lee-mac.com/scriptwriter.html

Thanks Lee! :beer:

Edited by Dadgad

Just write down the steps and repeat them in simple text file saved as .scr then just type script and load it. I have left out the little sneaky bits of how to make a script in a couple of minutes.

dgnimport dwg1.dgn -dxfout dwg1 all close N

dgnimport dwg2.dgn -dxfout dwg2 all close N

BIGAL, I think you use scripts a lot, and I never have, but looking at Lee's SCRIPTWRITER lisp, it looks pretty smicko, you can run a single line script on an entire directory without the tedium of all that renaming, which seems typically (Lee Mac) efficient! :beer:

I think it may look pretty close to the following, which I based on your last post (untested)

_.dgnimport *file* _.dxfout *file* _.close