Creating complex Paneling for architectural millwork

Big Whiskey

Hello, I'm looking for some help creating triangular shaped panels for a reception desk. I'm able to make the panels but need to be able to join (miter) them together and measure the miter angles for machining.

The file below has 3 panels, if you zoom in you can see they are not joined together. They have to be 3 separate panels.

I cheated and created the 3 panels in 3D Max, then imported them into Acad.

What is the easiest and most accurate way to draw these in Acad?

The panels are at random points.Where is the best place to start a new panel?

Thanks!:)Panels.DWG

This is what I came up with. I progressed from lines to polylines. I created a separate layer for each triangle, extruded them to obtain solids then assembled them. The sizes seem off though. The default template file you used is set up for decimal inches. I don't think you wanted a desk with one side that is seven inches long. BTW...I elected to change to an isometric view so that you could see the triangles had a height to them after being extruded.

Solidpanels.dwg

Reception desk huh. I hope that's not all of it. As a millwork drafter ( 2D only) I can say that I am glad you got that contract and not me.:shock: I have nightmares about high end reception desks and restaurant bars, or dreams about the boss going "isitdoneyetisitdoneyetisitdoneyetisitdoneyetisitdoneyetisitdoneyetisitdoneyetisitdoneyet.":roll: