Blocks within a block, within a block ARGH

Stevery

Hi!

I have a floor plan that I would like to save as a xref file but before I do that I want to change the colour of everything on this dwg to 252.

I change all the layers to 252, and yet there are some parts which still show colour - the blocks!

The whole layout is in a block itself, so I go inside the block editor for that then there are blocks like doors inside which I can't edit because im already in the editor?

For now I have been bursting everything (some multiple times) just for me to be able to change the colours to by layer.

Is there a simpler way I can get around this without bursting all the blocks?

• 1 year later...

hats off to daniellis...i thought that this issue of mine was going to be so specific that i would've had a harder time finding my solution. perfect...thank you so much!

I always make my block elements on layer "0" and set the colors and configurations per layer. I've had to go through other peoples drawings and change that, because I'm A-R that way.