plot custom colors as black

designerstuart

hello all

i've got a drawing with a few custom colors. I want to print everything black. it seems a ctb cannot affect custom colors, so is there a similar way to mange this?

i've seen here that there is a way to do it using layouts, but that's not going to work for me.

ideally i'd like to be able to choose what color is printed black, like a ctb, but will be happy with all black to begin with!

any thoughts please?

CTB files can only control ACI colors 1-255.

Truecolors and ColorBook colors will always print WYSIWYG.

Dammit!

thanks for clear answer though!

STBs can plot True colors as black.

wow so i've just found out that stbs are better than ctbs! thanks for comment - following which i read up on this. it looks like stbs could work long term. but it seems that you can't have 2 objects on the same layer that print different lineweights or colors... is that right?

wow so i've just found out that stbs are better than ctbs! thanks for comment - following which i read up on this. it looks like stbs could work long term. but it seems that you can't have 2 objects on the same layer that print different lineweights or colors... is that right?
You have to give one of the objects an Object Property color, and lineweight all its own. Object proerties override layer properties. But then, you would be introducing an anomally that could confuse at revision time.

They both have their drawbacks and advantages. I use CTBs myself.

To plot all black no matter colors, I set black only at the plotter level.

ok thanks for that

my current problem is a subbie who seems unable to find that button so is asking for b&w pdfs. was even thinking of changing them to black in photoshop!