Dynamic block does not work in a new drawing

Hi,

I created some Dynamic Block and inserted them in a new Tool Palettes, but when I want to insert them in a new drawing the Block looses all the dynamic thing like rotation, flip...

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you.

PID-SYMBOL.dwg

Are they perhaps being exploded when you insert? (check the properties in the toolpalette). If not could you also post a new drawing so we could see the difference, it might give a clue.

I had no issue with creating a tool pallet from your file or inserting the blocks. all the dynamic functions you programmed in worked normal. Maybe you have a setting messed up somewhere.

Are you creating a new blank file, or creating a new file from a template?

If it's a template is there already a block with the same name defined in the template?

dJE

Hi,

I exported the Tool Palettes if you want to have a look, and in the Properties I think it's OK.

Unfortunately without the accompanying drawings your toolpallete doesn't help.

As mentioned above your blocks also insert fine for me, so possibly there is an existing definition in your new drawing template, your toolpalette does show 2 versions for each block both referencing different drawings, maybe the problem is there.

Thank you for your help :) , I think the problem comes from a template or a XREF, now I start a new drawing and I copy and insert what I need and it seems to be find.

;)

so possibly there is an existing definition in your new drawing

So, wat happens is, when you insert a block into a drawing, and there is already a block in that drawing with the same name (block definition) the existing definition persists, and overrides the new block definition.

So, wat happens is, when you insert a block into a drawing, and there is already a block in that drawing with the same name (block definition) the existing definition persists, and overrides the new block definition.

Thank you Dana for your reply :) this is exactly the problem, I deleted and purged all old Blocks and placed the new dynamic block.

;)