Open File Dialogue Box Missing

BergerFett

My Coworker has an issue with CAD:

File

Open

nothing happens, not responding, greys out, closes cad...

FILEDIA = 1

CMDDIA = 1

I set Filedia to 0 and then back to 1 nothing. I set Filedia to 0 then did File Open.... when prompted to type in the file path I typed in a "~" and then cad went to not responded, and greyed out.

Is this a cad issue or a windows issue?

He is running AutoCad MEP 2012.....

thanks

Did you try shutting down then reopening the program?

Previous to the problem cropping up did you utilize any custom lisp routines?

Did you try shutting down then reopening the program?

Previous to the problem cropping up did you utilize any custom lisp routines?

Restarted PC and Program multiple times

We have Repaired AutoCAD

No custom Lisp routines that i know of.

Coworker can open drawings from my documents and work on projects that way but can not open files from AutoCAD directly. Debating doing a reinstall and hoping that fixes it.

Have service packs been installed?

When did the problem first occur?

Is there an existing acaddoc.lsp file either on the computer's hard drive or on the network (assuming everyone is connected to a network)?

If you are going to go full speed ahead on this and do an uninstall/reinstall make sure to follow the recommended procedure for ensuring a clean install environment as posted at the AutoDesk website.

Have service packs been installed?

When did the problem first occur?

Is there an existing acaddoc.lsp file either on the computer's hard drive or on the network (assuming everyone is connected to a network)?

If you are going to go full speed ahead on this and do an uninstall/reinstall make sure to follow the recommended procedure for ensuring a clean install environment as posted at the AutoDesk website.

All service packs are installed

Problem first occurred this morning. It seems to have popped up overnight.

I will search for the acaddoc.lsp file if there should i delete it? we are connected to a network but not using network licenses.

If you find one you could just rename it something like acaddoc.txt and leave it at that for the moment. Shut down then restart AutoCAD and see what happens.

You could also open the file with NotePad or any ASCII text editor and view the contents.

If you find one you could just rename it something like acaddoc.txt and leave it at that for the moment. Shut down then restart AutoCAD and see what happens.

You could also open the file with NotePad or any ASCII text editor and view the contents.

No Accadoc.lsp on the PC or Server

he shuts down his pc overnight.

says this morning he came in, fired it up, and had the issue. i remember CadMEP2012 being buggy. we may just try to upgrade him to a newer cad. he does control drawings so its mostly blocks, lines and text, nothing super fancy.

sorry wrong link...

Anyway we fixed it.

Set autocad to "Run as administrator" and everything works normally again.

The user is a local admin on his PC and not sure why this problem arose.

Maybe someone was mucking around where they weren't supposed to? Who's to say?

Anyway, glad to hear you got the problem solved and thanks for updating us. Sorry for all the questions.

any chance the dialog is/was off screen? did you change the screen resolution or disconnect a monitor?

you can try pressing alt+space bar and then press M and the use the arrows keys to try to move the dialog

you can also try the windows buttons + shift and the arrow keys to see if it comes up

Maybe someone was mucking around where they weren't supposed to? Who's to say?

Anyway, glad to hear you got the problem solved and thanks for updating us. Sorry for all the questions.

no worries.

thanks for the help.

my office is very small so i doubt it was tampering... just random bugs im sure. we will discuss updating his cad to a newer version

any chance the dialog is/was off screen? did you change the screen resolution or disconnect a monitor?

you can try pressing alt+space bar and then press M and the use the arrows keys to try to move the dialog

you can also try the windows buttons + shift and the arrow keys to see if it comes up

Read post #13.

Read post #13.

Saw that... the old problem with starting a post and then stepping away for a little bit before you publish... just earning my noob points :)