Buttons stopped working

WDA13

My open and save as buttons seem to have just stopped working. FILEDIA is set to 1. Anyone any ideas how to fix it. Its ACAD Architecture 2012

Thanks

Edited by WDA13

What about the commands OPEN and SAVEAS? Are they working if you type them at the command prompt?

If I type them in the command line its the same as using the button. ACAD goes into 'not responding' and the only way out of it is to crash ACAD and start it up again.

Did you recently switch from 2 monitors to a single monitor? Your dialog windows may be popping up at their last known locations on the now disconnected 2nd monitor. Try one of the solutions listed here: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Dialog-window-does-not-display-in-AutoCAD-and-the-program-appears-to-freeze.html

Did you recently switch from 2 monitors to a single monitor? Your dialog windows may be popping up at their last known locations on the now disconnected 2nd monitor. Try one of the solutions listed here: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Dialog-window-does-not-display-in-AutoCAD-and-the-program-appears-to-freeze.html

Havent been using 2 monitors. It was all working fine on Friday afternoon in work and when I started it up at home on Friday night to do a bit more work it had stopped working.

I tried the CMDDIA but it was already set to 1 anyway.

Ok, you will need to supply more information then. You didn't mention anything about it working at the office but not working at home. Are you transferring your license from your office computer to your home computer? So you are running Autocad on two different computers? Or are you working on a laptop and using the same device at both locations?

If you're working on two different computers:

1. Have you installed any new software, add-ons, plug-ins, etc. on either computer?

2. Are you running the same operating system on both computers?

3. Have you installed any Windows updates/upgrades on either computer?

4. Have you had any viruses or system crashes recently, on either computer?

The more information you provide, the easier it will be to troubleshoot this issue.

Ok, you will need to supply more information then. You didn't mention anything about it working at the office but not working at home. Are you transferring your license from your office computer to your home computer? So you are running Autocad on two different computers? Or are you working on a laptop and using the same device at both locations?

If you're working on two different computers:

1. Have you installed any new software, add-ons, plug-ins, etc. on either computer?

2. Are you running the same operating system on both computers?

3. Have you installed any Windows updates/upgrades on either computer?

4. Have you had any viruses or system crashes recently, on either computer?

The more information you provide, the easier it will be to troubleshoot this issue.

Sorry, Its on the same laptop as I use in work so nothing different and no settings or anything had been changed. Just as soon as it was started up at home it didn't work.

Well, I'm out of ideas then. I thought maybe you were running the program on 2 different computers, but if it's the same laptop, it doesn't make sense that it would work fine at the office but then all of a sudden stop working at home. The fact that Autocad appears to freeze up when you initiate the commands tells me that the dialogs are probably opening off screen somewhere. Did you try all of the solutions mentioned in that link I posted?

Well, I'm out of ideas then. I thought maybe you were running the program on 2 different computers, but if it's the same laptop, it doesn't make sense that it would work fine at the office but then all of a sudden stop working at home. The fact that Autocad appears to freeze up when you initiate the commands tells me that the dialogs are probably opening off screen somewhere. Did you try all of the solutions mentioned in that link I posted?

Yeh I did but didn't make any difference. As soon as the open button or save as is hit ACAD says ' not responding'

Thanks for trying anyway.

Like above, sounds like something is missing when at home and AutoCAD is finding it when connected to the network at work.

Problem solved. Turns out Dropbox updated and this can interfere with some ACAD versions 2012 and before.

Problem solved. Turns out Dropbox updated and this can interfere with some ACAD versions 2012 and before.

So, what did you do? Just turned off (exit) the Dropbox and it started to work? Uninstalled Dropbox?