Dear Friends,

My client gave me a cuix file which is their standards for layers, i loaded it and i used it.8)

but now i want to make my own standards for layers in cuix file so that i can add it on my menu bar:(

Can anyone guide me how to create a new cuix file called Layers.cuix:unsure:

Thanks in advance.:D

Edited by lonelysn
Spelling Mistake

Start with a new blank CUIX and use the Transfer tab to copy what you want from their CUIX and call it Layers.cuix.

You may need to copy the dll file with the name of their CUIX and call it Layers.dll if that's were their icons are located.

I would do slightly different open notepad and copy and paste from the cuix to notepad the command sequences and save as a menu this is a simple text file so edit is easy. Just use menuload to load or update. There is some cuix to menu software but I found it not very useful. A little trick copy the cuix to menu name.zip then open the zip.

• 3 weeks later...
I would do slightly different open notepad and copy and paste from the cuix to notepad the command sequences and save as a menu this is a simple text file so edit is easy. Just use menuload to load or update. There is some cuix to menu software but I found it not very useful. A little trick copy the cuix to menu name.zip then open the zip.

Or if you have 7zip installed there is no need to rename. Just right click on file and tell it to open as archive.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Hellow All,

Can anyone teach me or instruct me how to create a drop down menu for layers,

Eg: i have a .cuix file from my client which is their standard layers,

i entered menuload command and loaded that file it appeared near my express tool- menu bar.

no i want to create same for my company which have different layers

is there any way out.:(:cry:

please find the attached file for your refference...:(

Layers.jpg

Why don't you add all the layers to your template file? Any layers that are not used by the completion of the project can be purged.

@rkmcswain : please find the attached file in which i have indicated what does it shows.

@ReMark : I have Created a template including all the services layers but you know that its a normal tendency purge and audit the drawing files, my guys always does this so the layers are gone every time.

@SLW210 :Yes i have asked this question before, at that time i had a different query about the same file, i didn't know what was the use of it, but now i know and i want to create one of mine.

Layers2.jpg

A sub sub menu is very easy if thats waht your trying to do, I would still do it as a partial menu and load it rather than creating it in the main cui. The -> is open a sub menu -> etc just need match

***MENUGROUP=STDS

***POP19
**CADLIB
            [LIBRARY]
            [->Stddwgs]
            [TRENCH]$I=STDS.TRENCH $I=*
            [..........
[<-]
            [->IDM dwgs]
            [............
[<-]

@ BIGAL,

No i am not looking for creating a sub menu, i want to create a same menu for me which contains MY Company layers, the image which i have shared are layers to be used in the drawing which was given by a client.

A sub sub menu is very easy if thats waht your trying to do, I would still do it as a partial menu and load it rather than creating it in the main cui. The -> is open a sub menu -> etc just need match

***MENUGROUP=STDS

***POP19
**CADLIB
            [LIBRARY]
            [->Stddwgs]
            [TRENCH]$I=STDS.TRENCH $I=*
            [..........
[<-]
            [->IDM dwgs]
            [............
[<-]

@ BIGAL,

No i am not looking for creating a sub menu, i want to create a same menu for me which contains MY Company layers, the image which i have shared are layers to be used in the drawing which was given by a client.

Then why not just use Transfer to copy everything from their CUI into a new one, then substitute your company layers in all the macros?

Then why not just use Transfer to copy everything from their CUI into a new one, then substitute your company layers in all the macros?

:D now you said it friend,

i am asking the same... how to do it .. i am not familiar with macros.:oops:

Start with AutoCAD help. Regularly make backups of working versions of the CUI's you modify. If you make a mistake while customizing one you don't want to have to start from scratch.

If their CUI has custom icons you want to use they're probably stored in a DLL file with the same name as their CUI. It may also have an MNL file with the same name as the CUI containing lisp used by the CUI. Simply copy these files and rename the copies to the name of your CUI.

Once you get your own working CUI if you still need help modifying the macros to your layers let us know. Since you're the only one who knows exactly what you want it to do it's better if you do the customizing yourself.

@ Tombu

Honestly i didnt get what you said now. i have tired what you said and endup with waste of time due to lack of my knowledge.

i have attached TWO files indicating what help i want excatly.

hope u can help me.

Start with AutoCAD help. Regularly make backups of working versions of the CUI's you modify. If you make a mistake while customizing one you don't want to have to start from scratch.

If their CUI has custom icons you want to use they're probably stored in a DLL file with the same name as their CUI. It may also have an MNL file with the same name as the CUI containing lisp used by the CUI. Simply copy these files and rename the copies to the name of your CUI.

Once you get your own working CUI if you still need help modifying the macros to your layers let us know. Since you're the only one who knows exactly what you want it to do it's better if you do the customizing yourself.

Layers3.jpg

Layers4.jpg

@ Tombu

Honestly i didnt get what you said now. i have tired what you said and endup with waste of time due to lack of my knowledge.

i have attached TWO files indicating what help i want excatly.

hope u can help me.

Image was hard to read.

Reply with just the macro, it appears you only need to replace the layer name.

Image was hard to read.

Reply with just the macro, it appears you only need to replace the layer name.

@tombu: please find the attached file for the macros, hope you can the layers properties manager

i have 325 layers to be typed or replaced...hope you understand what i mean.:D

Layers6.jpg

Edited by lonelysn

@tombu: please find the attached file for the macros, hope you can the layers properties manager

i have 325 layers to be typed or replaced...hope you understand what i mean.:D

Why keep posting images? It would be a lot easier to read if you just copied the macro and pasted it here. Use the # icon above to paste the macro or for posting code.

That simply sets default color and linetype to bylayer, then adds layer a700g and assigns properties. You could do the same with one of your company layers.

If all those macros do is add layers seems like importing a layer state with all your company layers would be a lot easier. You could do that with a macro as well.

You can not magically create a menu with 325 layers some manual work is required, but you can export all those layers to a text file and manipulate them in notepad or excel etc and make a new menu. I am still saying start from scratch. We run layer converts everyday, change layer name, colour and linetype, one menu pick. Around 120+ layers typically.

There are some tricks using word or excel that can make the creation of a new menu very fast, you have not really posted any source details

layer group1 -> layers in group1.

layer group2 -> layers in group2.

This is where I would start with Lee-macs program http://www.lee-mac.com/layerextract.html dump your 325 layers, group them how you want in some way and then someone can probably put together a menu for you.