Content Library ACAD 2017

DAVEBRENNAN71

Hello, I am trying to create a content library in ACAD 2017 but cant seem to find how to do it on youtube or online, it only shows mechanical so not sure if its possible as there is no content tab, when I type in content the box comes up but I cant see where it is to create a library, should I turn the seperate dwgs into blocks and make a block library?

Cheers

Any help would be much appreciated

Edited by DAVEBRENNAN71

There is no direct equivalent to that feature in plain AutoCAD.

I suppose you could create a master drawing and populate it with content you would use the most often then access it via the Design Center. Another option would be to create custom tool palettes and populate them with your custom content.

What kind of content were you hoping to find or create?

Hi ReMark thanks for replying,

it was just structural sections Ive been asked to draw up for a job which Ive done but saving as a library item Im not sure of, everything is in the design centre when I look, maybe like you saidcreate custom tool palettes

Cheers

Before I'd go creating custom structural sections I'd do an online search. Maybe someone has the sections already drawn up as blocks or dynamic blocks available for free download. First place I would check is over at the AUGI website. BTW...there are sample dynamic structural blocks (metric and imperial) on the Tool Palettes that come standard with plain AutoCAD. Have you tried any of them?

Hi ReMark, they arnt standard sections mate they are bespoke details that have been designed which are part of a main assembly drawing so they want each detail drawing seperate but able to be brought in to a main dwg when required