AViCAD and MECH-Q

Mech Designer

Does anyone use this software? I would be interested in hearing opinions on what people think and what they did with customizing it to suit their needs etc.

I am hoping that this is a real alternative to AutoCad MEP. So far it looks promising, but some customizing needs to be done for it to work with me.

Thanks,

I have not even heard of these alternatives. The pricing is great when compared to Autodesk. It's cheap enough to justify a year license just to try it out.

Are you looking for a cheaper alternative to AMEP, or is AMEP simply not functional enough?

Thanks for posting...

Autodesk has just become ridiculous with their pricing and the forced "subscription" model in my opinion and I am looking at alternatives.

ProgeCad was a fantastic alternative to AutoCad 2D. Completely and totally compatible. I used both versions of software on the same project and there were no issues that I can remember. ProgeCad had only 2D capabilities though and that was where I was stuck in time. Recently I discovered software by the name of AViCAD and it uses Mech-Q as an add on. So far, it looks like the real deal and as with ProgeCad, AViCAD is compatible with AutoCad MEP.

I was just looking to see if anyone else was familiar with this alternative software or whether anyone knows of some other software similar to Autodesk?

Thanks