FATAL ERROR when deleting material from materials browser list

desbou

Hello! When rendering my simple house project (I'm a 3d beginner :)), my walls appear transparent. At the same time the material applied to them looks black in the materials browser list, as well as in the materials editor. I attempt to delete the material and start from dublicating "global", but then I get a FATAL ERROR message and Autocad (2014) closes unexpectingly :cry:...

Any thoughts, please?

Unfortunatelly, neither AUDIT nor RECOVER can detect and fix any errors..I tried both, but no luck :(

The material I'm applying to the walls is Stucco Exterior Beige. Its appearance picture has changed, as well as its properties. When deleting the material, AUTOCAD crashes.

Why don't you just leave that material alone and create a new material. Don't try and duplicate any existing materials, create a brand new material.

Apply the new material to your model and then run the PURGE command and purge all unused materials.

Thank you so much for your time!

The truth is that I was lucky enough to have another copy of that drawing, so after trying all those tricks (that unfortunately didn't work, because the file was so much damaged), I finally deleted the file and worked with the copy. :)

I finally deleted the file and worked with the copy.

This is why I always tell people to save copies as they work. That way, if a file becomes corrupted somehow, (which does happen sometimes), you always have a previous copy to go back to. You might lose a little work, but it's better than losing all your work.

This is why I always tell people to save copies as they work. That way, if a file becomes corrupted somehow, (which does happen sometimes), you always have a previous copy to go back to. You might lose a little work, but it's better than losing all your work.

I couldn't agree more. We had a site plan go corrupt out of no where and made it impossible to work in. If you selected anything, and i mean anything, there was a minimum of a 10 sec delay before you could do anything, once you invoked a command it was another min. of 10 sec. Those 10 sec add up quick.