Replacing blocks without moving them?

MTE20112

I have created new blocks with many different attributes that I am hoping to use in my older drawings. I want to replace the old blocks, but sometimes they do not have the same insertion point and when I replace them all the blocks move.

Rather than having to edit all of these blocks and match the insertion point is there ANY way to replace/redefine the old blocks without moving them?

Thank you

I agree with Robdraw the blocks must match, but a quick and dirty use Filter pick the block remove the co-ord's etc so it picks all of them.

MOVE P 0,0 newx,newy

The issue I am having is that these new blocks have attributes that did not exist in the old blocks. The blocks seem to all have the same insertion points now that I updated them, but still any instance where the original block has been rotated - when I go to replace them the attributes move all over the place? Is there a reason for this, is it because the old blocks have no attributes?

The issue I am having is that these new blocks have attributes that did not exist in the old blocks. The blocks seem to all have the same insertion points now that I updated them, but still any instance where the original block has been rotated - when I go to replace them the attributes move all over the place? Is there a reason for this, is it because the old blocks have no attributes?

Can you show us what you mean by "move all over the place"? Even better, post an example file with both the old and the new blocks in it.