CAD Generated Contour Lines

David Devitt

Hello,

I am searching (unsuccessfully) for an online source for vectorized topographic maps. I used to use Topo Depot which provided very accurate CAD line work of contours, drainage swales, creeks, roadways, etc.; unfortunately, they no longer exist. If anyone can point me in the direction of a comparable service, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dave

Free would be nice but I don't mind spending a little bit of money. Primarily what I'm looking for is the ability to purchase (if necessary) CAD information for one to four land parcels at a time. This, in the past with Topo Depot has cost me anywhere from $5 to $15. Unfortunately, Topo Depot no longer exists.

What I'm finding online right now is, at a minimum, purchasing an entire county's worth of CAD information for $150+/-. I just don't need that much coverage and my projects are rarely in the same county.

Thanks,

Dave Devitt

Pioneer Drafting Service, Inc.

Hi ReMark,

You had asked if PDFs would suffice and yes, PDF would be a useable format. Do you know of such a source?

Thanks again,

Dave Devitt

Pioneer Drafting Service, Inc.

Could have sworn that yesterday I did come across such a site but I can't recall which one it was. A simple search should bring up some possibilities.

Thanks, ReMark,

Please let me know if the site does come to mind. In the meantime, I will conduct more searches of my own.

Thanks again for all of your help!

Dave

Hi ReMark,

I found a source that provides CAD generated contour lines which I think will work out nicely.

In the event that our efforts can be of use to other CADTutor members, here is the link to ChartTiff: http://www.charttiff.com/newframes/main_IE9.htm

Thanks again for all of your help!

Dave