Command line keeps dissapearing

pefi

AutoCAD 2015, command line is gone after I restart AutoCAD. I can type COMMANDLINE to get it back, but it will be gone when I open another drawing. Even saving a custom workspace didn't help :x

How to fix it?

Edit: LOCKUI was set to 4 instead of 0

The LOCKUI setting is not saved with the drawing. It is stored in the Windows Registry.

LOCKUI

Locks the position and size of toolbars and dockable windows such as DesignCenter and the Properties palette.

Thanks... so I'm back to the square one. It works for now - command line is there, ribbon hidden. Anyway if the command line disappears again I'll go for the full reset.

You didn't happen to press the key combination of CTRL+9 did you? This key combo will display/hide the command line.

I have access to AutoCAD 2014, 2015 and 2017 and each one has a LOCKUI setting of "0" yet the command line remains securely docked at the bottom of the screen and does not disappear when AutoCAD is closed and reopened or when I change from one drawing to another.

Now you got me thinking.... I definitely did it (I created a new one to be precise), but I can't tell if it was before or after I played with LOCKUI. Anyway CL just disappeared, so I switched it back on and saved the workspace. Watch the space for updates...

I found something interesting in this file:

C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 201x\Rxx.x\enu\Support\Profiles\Unnamed Profile\Profile.aws

Size Y = 0???

CL gone again...

F2 --> clistate produced this

Command: clistate

CLISTATE = 0 (read only)

so something is switching it off.

Edit:

Changing 0 to 300 in the profile file didn't make any difference. Time for the reset.

Edit2:

Settings after reset, CL in floating state. I made my changes, CL docked, ribbon closed, workspace saved. Time will tell if that helped..

Edited by pefi

Yep, when it's visible it's 1. I'm starting to blame excel + VBA that I use to control AutoCAD, but I can't prove it (yet).

Edit: I had "ACAD.Application.Visible = False" in the code that was supposed to hide AutoCAD application. I don't need it anymore, so the code got removed. If the command line stays visible that was the problem.

I wasn't having any of the issues you have but I did have an issue with my layer properties manager always being messed up when I would first open autocad. I would always have to tell it to allow docking. Now that I have changed my LOCKUI to 2 its the perfect setting for me. Thank you!