insert a dynamic block and set parameters

dan_g8

Hi, i am trying to insert a dynamic block into my drawing and update a linear parameter inside it? can someone please point me in the right direction how to do this? i am putting the block in with the following code:

^C^C_.-insert;"C:/customtools/blockitem036.dwg";\;1;1;0;

I presumed that i would be prompted for the value ..... i was wrong :(. the linear parameter is called distance1 and it is attached to a scale action.

thanks

Unfortunately, it's not possible, I think you can set parameters if you use lisp, but not from a script or macro, I use LT so can't help with any of the lisp options, one thing option that might help, if you want the same setting every time you could insert the block into a master drawing set it's parameters as required and use that block and drag it onto the toolpallette, this is fine if you only need a couple of preset options, but beyond that it will require lisp, or possibly one of the other programming languages available in full Autocad.

thanks for the replay Steve, i feared that may be the case... ill have to try and work out a work around.

unfortunately my office is going from full autocad down to lt so im in the process of converting my vb.net tools into diesel/macros/scripts.

You can get quite a lot done in LT, especially if you can learn diesel, but there are some serious limitations. One of you most usefull aides would be using LT inconjunction with excel.

dan_g8 why not got to Briscad etc whilst not my area of expertise pretty sure supports .NET and Lisp and is cheaper than LT.

I am still waiting for you steven-g to go to the dark side and use an alternative product.

Back to post steven-g can you populate "Properties" for last entity then fill in dynamic parameters there. Answered my own question Select Last ;; then edit properties.

I am still waiting for you steven-g to go to the dark side and use an alternative product.

Never I'm having too much fun with LT. I keep threatening to go live with my web site, one day it will happen.:shock:

Back to post steven-g can you populate "Properties" for last entity then fill in dynamic parameters there. Answered my own question Select Last ;; then edit properties.

The only way to edit the properties of a dynamic block that I can find is in the properties palette, and not at the command line.icon4.gif Am I missing a different command ?

Steven-g I tried, Select last with the properties box open and the dynamic block I just inserted details were still in the properties box so could enter the dynamic attributes. Add to macro as last step ?

BIGAL, I don't get it?? indeed you can select a dynamic block with a macro, and the properties show in the properties palette, but there is no way from the command line to access the dynamic properties from within a macro, at least not in Autocad LT that I can find, I believe that the action recorder does let you do a bit more but it isn't available in LT (at least not in 2013), the properties command is very limited in which properties can be altered.

You are right Steven-g the op wants to just add a value on the end of the macro and LT will not do it, hence the thought of at least selecting the "last" item and using properties that exposes the current dynamic values. I hope don't have LT. Just a couple of clicks saved.