Creating a Categorized Drop Down for multiple visibility states

jwhip804

I have cabinet elevations i have been creating blocks for with the ability to stretch width, height, toe kick height, etc.. Instead of having 1 block for each type of cabinet i would like to make 1 block to house numerous types. Ideally i would like the user to be able to select the drop down, select type (Base, Upper, Tall, etc.), then select a sub-type (1 Door, 1 Drawer 1 Door, 2 Door, etc.), then move over to Left or Right swing, then move over to Left finished end, right or both.

If I understand correctly, this would take numerous visibility states and lookup parameters. Can anyone point me in the right direction to a post or a video preferably that would aid me in my creation?

Thank you

Just my $0.05 the one case fits all, the time spent debugging compared to answer 20 questions and splat all done. Posters like David Bethel use this method and the end result a full 3d object rendered and all the relevant details is pretty fantastic search here.

Using a dcl to do all the picking look up tables etc. Then only real question is where do you want it drawn. Breaking the task down into 3-4 blocks may be the way to go. Lee-mac has a series of dynamic block routines that can be driven via lisp.

Have a look at Lee's movie in this post http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?98123-Need-help-with-proper-spacing-in-a-dialog-box

Thank you for the reply. However, i am unfamiliar with running lisp scripts. I will definitely look into this as an option. However, how would this translate on someone elses machine that doesnt use lisp? I am creating these blocks to be part of a .dwt that we provide when subbing out engineering work.

Just my $0.05 the one case fits all, the time spent debugging compared to answer 20 questions and splat all done. Posters like David Bethel use this method and the end result a full 3d object rendered and all the relevant details is pretty fantastic search here.

Using a dcl to do all the picking look up tables etc. Then only real question is where do you want it drawn. Breaking the task down into 3-4 blocks may be the way to go. Lee-mac has a series of dynamic block routines that can be driven via lisp.

Have a look at Lee's movie in this post http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?98123-Need-help-with-proper-spacing-in-a-dialog-box

While this is not EXACTLY what i was hoping to accomplish it is very close.

5 different base cabinets in 1 block. can select the type, then select finished ends. Can flip swing of the single door cabinets only AFTER you stretch the product to desired size. (if anyone knows how to fix that itd be greatly appreciated)

There are still a few things i need to add such as width and height limits, adjustable toe kick heights and drawer front heights.

Take it for a stroll and let me know where it can be improved. Thanks

BaseCabinets.dwg

This is a nice block but you don't have to stretch the block to flip the swing just select it then you can flip the swing. As for the other items you want to add it should be no problem just follow what was done before in the block editor and your there.

Thanks.

The issue with flip and stretch is that if you flip it and THEN stretch it it gets all out of wack.

This is a nice block but you don't have to stretch the block to flip the swing just select it then you can flip the swing. As for the other items you want to add it should be no problem just follow what was done before in the block editor and your there.

Your right I did not notice this at first but I don't think there is anything that done about that. The flip works the same way as mirror which is a reference line that the flip uses. If you flip then stretch that distance from the reference line does not change.