Use Table Values to Update a Dimension

kkennedy

I am trying to create a standard part drawing, a base plate for instance, and have the dimensions be displayed from values entered in a table. I have several part drawings that are the same materials and design but with different values on the part dimensions. How do I link a particular cell in a table to a particular dimension so that when I update the table cell value, the dimension on the part drawing also updates?

I'm not sure if it would be easier to create the table within autocad or have an excel file that I paste as an autocad entity.

Autocad2014

You need to play with Dynamic blocks, have a square with two constraints a length and width. You can definately link excel and watch the shape change when you change a value in excel.

A quick google for dynamic blocks linking to excel reveals a lot of possibilities.