Save As Option Issue

sivapathasunderam

Dear all;

I am using AutoCAD 2013, I usually save as with 2013 as shown below image, but other low AutoCAD version people can't open the dwg

cad version 2013.jpg

as per my experience I feel that while saving the file with low version it takes more time to save

Option setting with low version as below image

cad version 2004.jpg

what is the differents & benefits of saveas with AutoCAD 2013 version & other different version

thanks

Siva

Check the box for Maintain drawing size compatibility and test that.

Unrelated comment - conventional wisdom for a while now has been to set Incremental save percentage to 0. That is some legacy carry over from years ago that is not needed now. Not sure why they leave that option in there.

Save as to a lower version is not always the proper way to make your files compatible with previous versions. It does not eliminate or convert newer type objects and options. The proper way to ensure compatibility is to export.

AFAIK, using Export to a .dwg in Vanilla AutoCAD is the similar to using WBLOCK, at least in AutoCAD 2011 and I see no option to save to earlier format.

Maybe you meant -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD and AECTOACAD?

You can convert several drawings at a time with DWG TrueView and some options on the converting as well.

Do you really need to go as far back as 2004 version?

It was intentional to not mention commands and or the procedure. Vertical products can export to vanilla and previous versions. I'm not sure what vanilla CAD is capable of when it comes to export but TrueView will convert files from any of the vertical products as well as from a newer version of vanilla to an older one.

DWGCONVERT no such command in Vanilla AutoCAD 2011, I am not sure when that came about.

Added in 2012, you just missed it. Any plans to upgrade AutoCAD?

Added in 2012, you just missed it. Any plans to upgrade AutoCAD?

That's funny. Plenty of plans. At least I got them to add AutoCAD 2017 to the computer at the water jet, but I'm not in there much. Took me two years to get a computer, I'm not holding my breath.

That's funny. Plenty of plans. At least I got them to add AutoCAD 2017 to the computer at the water jet, but I'm not in there much. Took me two years to get a computer, I'm not holding my breath.

But at least you have a WATER JET, which is cool, I'd love to have one of those! :beer:

The water jet has an ROI of six months, me getting a new AutoCAD has no real ROI, because I am quite good with AutoCAD 2011, they see little need in upgrading me, though me and my boss have the oldest versions now. Most now have AutoCAD LT 2015 or AutoCAD LT 2016, there may be some AutoCAD LT 2017 now as well.

We have a pressing need for Raster Design now, so I should be getting an upgrade soon, but I've heard that before.

Yes indeed! I like having the water jet, much better than trying to deal with other companies. I just deal directly with the water jet operator.

I made these for my newest Grandson out of 1/2" thick aluminum.

Flaming Grey.dxf

Grey.dxf