single letter command has stopped working

nicola steer

single letter command has stopped working.... d for delete, s - stretch c-copy - please help

NOW HAVE LOST MULTIPLE SELECT

Edited by nicola steer

What tweaks did you make prior to AutoCAD going all crazy on you? These things don't normally happen all by themselves.

It sounds like your acad.pgp file has been corrupted somehow or deleted.

none knowingly...must have done something by mistake - think it was when i was on phone at the same time and think it may have been something down on bottom left of key board - pressed something by mistake! got another problem now though have lost multiple select - can only select one item at once - this has happened before ages ago but cant remember how to change it back - something in options maybe - any ideas?!

Check the system variable PICKADD.

I doubt being on the phone while at the same time working in AutoCAD would be the cause of any problems what-so-ever.

When did this all start happening?

Did you try shutting down then restarting AutoCAD?

no i meant when on the phone i was trying to type with one hand on phone and one on key board so may have pressed two wrong things by mistake!

NOT SURE WHAT what do you mean Check the system variable PICKADD? ive typed pickadd into command bar AND CHANGED IT FROM 0 TO 1 SO CAN NOW MULTIPLE SELECT BUT ONLY IF I CLICK ON ALL BUT CANT CLICK UP FROM BOTTOM RIGHT HAND CORNER TO SELECT ALL - SORRY ABOUT CAPS