Plotting 0.00 lineweights

Stuart70

Hi all.

I've always used 0.00 lineweights for hatches, dimension lines etc. Gives a really fine line, and used alongside thicker lineweights for walls it makes drawings clear and easy to read. I recently replaced my Epson printer with a new HP Designjet T120 and now all my fine lines are plotting at what looks like 0.18 or 0.25 Really annoying, as it's changed the appearance of my drawings and makes it harder to tell what's hatch and what's part of the building. All the other lines are fine, it's just my 0.00's.

I've upgraded the drivers, played around with all the plot options etc. The only way I've found to get it looking slightly better is to plot a PDF first, then plot that. But it's still not as good as it should be, and there surely must be an easier way than plotting a drawing twice?

I don't use plot styles - always select the "none" option. All I want is to plot a drawing and have it come out exactly as it appears on the screen. WYSIWYG.

Any tips gratefully received.

I'm using Architecture 09.

Thanks!

My default lineweight is set to 0.18 so it looks even worse! Hang on a minute...

I've changed the default to 0.00 then changed my hatch from 0.00 to default but still looks exactly the same. Plotter just doesn't want to plot a fine line. It has to be a plotter/driver issue, because the same drawings were fine using my old plotter and I haven't changed anything.

Thanks for the tip, appreciate it. I'll keep trying...

But that's enough troubleshooting for one day. It's Friday afternoon and I'm finishing early to watch the Ryder Cup on tv.

:winner: