Change Save Path on EXPORTTOACAD

dsibbo

Anyone tell me where I can change the file location in the image when using AECTOACAD command.

A colleague is using it and we can't find where they are saving to and need to change them to the same location as they opening from.

My PC does this automatically. Capture.jpg

Are you saying that when your colleague executes the AECTOACAD command the path is not displayed on the command line? Does he even have a command line? Did you check the text screen by pressing the F2 function key?

• 1 month later...

Hi ReMark. No the command path is displayed in the command line. It says it saves on the C Drive/user name/autodesk 2015 etc.

However when we path to the final location the drawing has not saved here.

I'm looking for the setting that changes were this file saves so we can save it to our shared drive.

I would just type in the full path of where I wanted the drawing to be saved to. I know it works because I just tested it.

I believe that the default path for saving the file would be the folder in which the original drawing resides in. I don't know of a way to override this without typing in the full path every time the command is used unless somehow it could be handled via a custom lisp routine.