Top Posters In This Topic

• jim78b

• ReMark

• RobDraw

• dkeran

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is no quick answer at this point.

Here is what I would do and it would probably take a long time. I would start breaking down the file into chunks to see if the performance improved on some parts and not others. If there is an improvement on all parts as it is broken down, I would chalk it up to too many objects. If the problem can be isolated to one part of the drawing, that is where I would focus my efforts.

I think part of the problem can be traced to objects that are far off in space and lie either above or below the Z elevation of "0". In other words, your 2D drawing is actually 3D.

Oh i Think it was simply i am sorry. I only want to know The reason. Then The problem is Even for You ?i do Not accept that autocad slow down for a simply 2d . I have a Intel core 7 8giga ram a nvidia quadro ...

When I said, "Here is what I would do.", I didn't mean I was going to do it. It's probably going to take hours to tack down where the problem lies, if there is an actual problem. I don't have that kind of time to donate.

When I said, "Here is what I would do.", I didn't mean I was going to do it. It's probably going to take hours to tack down where the problem lies, if there is an actual problem. I don't have that kind of time to donate.

oh ahah right , but only a question...do you have the same problem of slow autocad regen and refedit?

Audit took about 10 minutes for me but I have not deleted those blocks that were off in space for you because I am not getting that and am assuming they are a viable part of the drawing.

There are 159 blocks with the name cas_9 way off in space if viewed in a SE isometric view. In reality their Z coordinate is extremely large. They look like this and are quite small in size compared to many of the other objects in the drawing. They are on layer 3.

Interesting. I copied and pasted a cas_9 block into a new drawing. The circle with the number in it has a Z of 0.00 while all the geometry has a Z of -1509910690.00.

CAS_9 block.JPG

D1wv5SwAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

Edited by ReMark

That would explain why I didn't see them. I only looked at the top view.

That could also explain the lag. AutoCAD does have troubles when you get that far from (0,0).

@jim78b,

Since this is a 2D drawing, all objects should be at Z=0 no matter what your opinion is about your hardware. It's just good drafting and in this case, since you are so far from 0, it could be the cause of the lag,

The level of fine detail and the amount of cross-hatching could account for some of the lag too. For example re: fine detail, the block muletto_1 (fork lift), all the geometry that looks cross-hatched is actually filled in with a series of individual lines which even includes the word DREXEL.

If you are going to be working with these types of drawings on a more frequent basis I'd look into increasing the amount of RAM in your computer by another 8MB to bring it up to 16MB. I'm running 12MB versus your 8MB so that may explain why the lag time for me was somewhat less.

Edited by ReMark