• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jim78b

• ReMark

• RobDraw

• dkeran

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok thanks a loto, i need more ram? but in task manager i see that win use maximum 3,8 mega of ram

Not exactly sure what you are referring to. What version of Windows are you running? Remember this, there are many background tasks/applications being run that suck up memory. For example, do you have an anti-virus program installed? If so, it is using memory. Do you have a browser open while you work? That uses memory too. What about Microsoft Office programs like Word, Excel, Access or Powerpoint? Email program? Windows Explorer? Other? They all use memory.

There's nothing wrong with Win7. All the computers here that run full AutoCAD are doing so under Win7. So are you running AutoCAD on a laptop or a desktop?

Putting aside the argument, for the moment, about switching an OS because it will no longer be supported, the max limit of RAM that can be installed is wholly dependent upon which version of the OS the user is running. I never run anything less than the Professional version on my work computer and the Ultimate version on my home computer. Here are the limits for Win7 64-bit version...

Win7MaxRamLimits.JPG

Based on the above, I've got a ways to go.

BTW...if anyone is running the 32-bit version of Win7 the max RAM limit is 4GB just like it was for XP.

Well I did ask what he meant about that because he did state earlier he has 8MB of ram installed. So........if he is running Win7 64-bit Home Edition then he is maxed out. If he is running the 32-bit version then he has too much ram installed (4MB over the max limit) which, in essence, will throttle Windows down actually.

I, personally, wouldn't recommend it.

This is a layman's opinion, but since Windows (and programs) has changed quite a bit in the way it works in recent releases, relying more upon, at least, intermittent connections to the internet among other things and becoming an OS for multiple types of devices. I would not hold off on upgrading to 10. Not to mention the ability to run newer hardware which is getting more advanced very quickly.

That's coming from a Windows 98 diehard until I went 64 bit and had to go with Vista.

It's amazing what people still run for an OS despite the fact they are no longer supported by MS. If I were to do it, specifically to run a version of AutoCAD, I would do so on a completely separate computer that is NOT hooked up to the Internet.

It's amazing what people still run for an OS despite the fact they are no longer supported by MS. If I were to do it, specifically to run a version of AutoCAD, I would do so on a completely separate computer that is NOT hooked up to the Internet.

BUT WHY all this fury! for the case :) operating systems sale. It is not a problem for me now.

I was not specifically referring to you and I have no idea what "for the case...operating systems sale" means. Please translate. BTW...you obviously missed my earlier post where I stated that everyone in the office I work in that is using AutoCAD is doing so on a computer that runs Windows 7.