Large section box?

Stevery

Hi all,

Newby here - I have a massive section box on my drawing which has been linked and copied/monitored with the architects model. (this is just a past completed file that im using to train on)

I am just wondering if anyone knows what it's for and why it's so big - it's making pivoting and zooming difficult :huh:

(my drawings is a dot on one of the edges)

Many thanks

-Ste

rvtimg1.jpg

The first thing I would do is look it up. Have you tried that yet?

Here, I'll get you started.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=revit+section+box&form=EDGNTC&qs=AS&cvid=3ee64c4845954efda779b7e09c5a7c26&pq=revit+section+box

Come back with any questions.

Thanks for providing me with the bing link :roll: However I did already look this up.

I am just curious as to whether there is some reason for it being so large or perhaps there is no reason at all. As explained I am new to revit so I try to get as clear information as I can.

Without perusing the model to determine if it is being used for anything, I cannot give you specific information.

I believe that if section box is just turned on without associating it with a section, it defaults to the extents of the model.

There really can be only one reason, and that's if there's some type of model element(s) that are in the View that are vastly spread out. It could be within your own model, or in a link. You can investigate your model or any Links you may have to determine what it is, but that's the only reason, really. So, you can simply edit the Section Box to a size more manageable if that's all you need. If it's something you really need to get fixed, you'll have to investigate and see if there's a component you can find that's far away from the main focus of the model elements and hide/delete it.

Also, a great add-on is COINS Auto Section Box, which allows you to focus in on a 3D Section View instantly by selecting any number of components. This was integrated in Revit 2016 and higher, but COINS' product still works better because of more options. You can find it here:

https://apps.autodesk.com/en/Detail/Index?id=8920075109543819118&appLang=en&os=Win32_64

Hope this helps.

-TZ