Clipping Boundary on an OLE?

eyeofnewt555

Hi!

Is there a way to use a clipping boundary on an OLE from excel?

I've tried blocking it and then using xclip, but oddly it clips everything _except_ the OLE.

Basically, I've got multiple tables I want to display throughout the drawing and I'd like them to be linked to a single excel, while still being embedded rather than linked to an external excel file.

I've been able to use an excel OLE within blocks before to accomplish this for the same table repeated throughout a drawing, but I'm hitting a dead end for doing this with multiple tables.

Thanks!

Using a data link will still be OLE. It would just be convenient and reduce risk of divergent copies if everything were embedded within the drawing file rather than linked from an external excel file.

But I see where you're coming from. Linking from an external file would be a fix, but not an ideal fix for my situation.

I know this introduces ONE MORE STEP - but what we do is print the Excel to PDF, then reference the PDF into ACAD.

As long as the person who is updating the Excel file remembers to print to PDF, then your ACAD version will be up to date.

This also has the benefit (over Data Link in post #6), of the data being WYSIWYG.