Scale entire layout with viewports

Hi all, I have a colleague that came to me with a question. He would like to grab everything in a layout and scale it by 1.5X while at the same time having all of the viewports in that layout adjust their scales by 1.5 as well. I don't think there is a way to have AutoCAD automatically do this, but I thought I'd post it in case I'm wrong. Thanks.

Why does he want to scale the layout itself 1.5X? What scales have been assigned to the viewports? Are they all the same or different?

Edited by ReMark

We work metric and our sheet size is A1 all viewports are at correct scale within the A1, BUT we normally plot A3 which is 1/2 scale for convenience, all we do is just change the overall plot scale factor to 1=2. 1.5x like ReMark is real odd scaling. Metric is sq root 2 for page sizes 1.414

After discussing further, I found out what he really wanted was to change from 11X17 to D-size. So we took BIGAL's suggestion and changed the plot scale which got him what he wanted. It would be nice though if AutoCAD would just scale everything up/down automatically when you change drawing size. At least give you the option. Thanks for the help.

You could have just created (copy) another layout in the same drawing but specify a large paper size. Then I'd resize the viewports to fit and assign a new scale to each. Our master template has layout tabs for 8 1/2x11 (landscape and portrait), 11x17, 18x24, and 24x36.

Yes, but this drawing was from a client and we wanted to make it larger. It would be nice to be able to just change the size from 11x17 to "D" and have all of the viewports update to the new size.

Yes, it would...in a perfect world but it ain't going to happen in real life because you are going from 11x17 up to 24x36 and if you compare 11 to 24 and 17 to 36 you'll see the ratios don't match. Imperial paper sizes aren't set up like metric paper sizes.

OK...it just dawned on me. Many architects will use a 22x34 paper size instead of 24x36 because it makes it easy to shrink it down (by 50%) to fit on a 11x17. And vice-versa. It's a 2X enlargement to go from 11x17 to 22x34. You just happen to pick the wrong size to work with.

Imperial paper sizes aren't set up like metric paper sizes

Metric does have that advantage of fold in half, fold in half etc.

The double 11x17 to 22x34 reminds of the old BJ330 canon printer I have it does A4 A3 and undersize A2 as it controlled by the short edge but was way ahead at the time being able to do a larger than 11x17.