DWG TrueView 2017

OnkelRobert

First I am an old member "Onkelbob" who's personal info has changed. I have re registered to make things simpler. I have retired and just recently bought on amazon a new copy of a old autocad 2007. I can't use it with my old 2010 and 2013 autocad dwgs. I downloaded DWG True View 2017, and can't get it to work. I have a hp slim desktop 450-a24 with windows 10. I have tried a couple of websites to instruct me on how to convert the drawing.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/dwg-trueview/learn-explore/caas/simplecontent/content/using-autodesk-dwg-trueview-to-convert-dwg-file-version.html

and

They both tell the same thing, but I can't get it to work for me.

:(

Hi OnkelRobert,

It may help if you describe at what point is seems to appear not to work.

Are you able to load the drawing into the program?

If so, do you see the blue progress bar after you press the "Convert" button?

Have you tried to convert more than one drawing?

I think you have more chance of getting help if you add more information.

Yes the drawing is pulled up in the DWG True View program and after clicking convert I return to the original folder and there is no new converted drawing there. I even tried converting the whole folder, no luck.

[quote][img=C:\Users\onkel\Desktop\DWG][/quote]

Well I have a image of the dwg that has been pulled up in DWGTrueView but I don't know how to put on here. (They are asking for my drawing's url) I don't know how to do that. I think that in the years past we could add an attachment. Anyway The progress bar does show up and I did try to convert the whole folder and the progress counted down 1 of 9,2 of 9 etc. The trouble is that I can't find the conversion.

bought on amazon a new copy of a old autocad 2007

Lots of contradictions in that statement old new copy ?

Sorry to maybe be the bearer of bad news but Autodesk has some serious copyright laws about sale of software. Generally when you buy a old version of Autocad you are buying the company hence inheriting their software, I am pretty sure at 2007 the software is non transferable, meaning a person can not just sell it unless Autodesk authorise.

The 2nd question I am surprised that Amazon sold it do they not sell current versions ?

If you converted your drawings using the default "Standard" conversion set up, it may have created a zip file and placed it in your "My Documents" folder.

As RobDraw suggested, check your conversion setup settings. The desired location folder for converted drawings can be set there.

If you use a conversion setup using the (in Place) option, it will place the converted drawings in the same folder as the source drawings. The source drawings will still be there but will be renamed with a .Bak extension.

That's why I went to Amazon. It is called a permanent version.

Bye the way I have been a listener to Bigcontryradio.com.au for years. How far are you from Murwillumbah? I kept hearing the advertisers talk about a Ute, so I wrote Rob a email and asked him what it was. He sent me a photo of a pickup truck.

Just up the road 1760 Km

The ute unfortunately has almost died, yesterday the last Ford to be manufactured in Australia rolled off the production line. Holden (GM) will be following soon.

The conversion was to be in place. I assume that the converted drawing was to be in the same folder

It is indeed something of a mystery.

Have you tried searching your hard drive for the drawing?

I guess the drawings are not read only, as Dwg Trueview would flag it.

Maybe if you look at the conversion report it may tell you something.

See attached image showing which button to press to see the conversion report.

TrueView-01.jpg

Edited by Manila Wolf
Spelling

Well I have a image of the dwg that has been pulled up in DWGTrueView but I don't know how to put on here. (They are asking for my drawing's url) I don't know how to do that. I think that in the years past we could add an attachment. Anyway The progress bar does show up and I did try to convert the whole folder and the progress counted down 1 of 9,2 of 9 etc. The trouble is that I can't find the conversion.

If you want to upload from your hard drive, use the "Attachments" toolbutton in lieu of the "Insert Image" toolbutton.

UploadingImages.jpg

The conversion was to be in place. I assume that the converted drawing was to be in the same folder

Just to make sure you are clear. The in place option overwrites the source file.