Polar tracking

Hi All,

I've recently switched from autocad 2011 to 2017 (haha big jump i know) and noticed I don't seem to have the little tip next to my crosshairs which tells me the distance of my line whilst i'm creating it. Also can't find the option to turn it on/off. Can someone let me know where I would find this option?

TRACKING.jpg

As far as i know, this information cannot be turned off.

Tho you probably noticed a new button in the lower bar with 'Dynamic Imput', (Can also be found as a tab in the OSNAP menu.)

Probably you can tweak something there...

haha my problem is that it is off at the moment. the pic i posted previously was from the old cad i used to use.

i want it on and don't know how..

this pic is from the new cad i'm using which doesn't show it

tracking2.jpg

Sounds like COORDS, see the screenshot from my SYSVDLG in 2013.

You will want to turn on Polar Tracking, in order to get it to display like that.

sounds like COORDS.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

Sounds like COORDS, see the screenshot from my SYSVDLG in 2013.

Sounds like but it is not. COORDS are found in the status bar. It is definitely Auto Track Settings. Tested and verified.

Sounds like but it is not. COORDS are found in the status bar. It is definitely Auto Track Settings. Tested and verified.

Hey Rob, I stand corrected, you were right. :beer:

It just so happens the settings you suggested, are my standard ones.

Which is why when I was tweaking the COORDS system variable, and attributing what I saw to that variable, I erroneously took it to be the cause.

Edited by Dadgad

just worked it out.. seems to be due to the colours!!

i use black background and looks like my tooltip was also set black so it disappeared. altho now when i change it back to black there is a background/mask type thing so i can see it anyway so i dunno what was going on before..

either way its working now. :) cheers for the help guys