Bring in Lat longs Civ3d

BIGAL

The task is simple bring in a series of points of lat long values sounds simple so did all the googling on how to do it. Basicly set up a import points style and set co-ordinate zone. Thats where it stopped no matter what I do it just wont bring in any points. I dont know if its a problem with the Australian settings or I am just doing 1 step somewhere wrong.

I would appreciate any help some sample data say 5 points from elsewhere in the world and zone settings so I can test why my CIV3D import does not work. I may need a DWG to see the style settings.

Our surveyors have GPS gear but they use there own program to convert the points to MGA zone 55 so no hiccups. Been using it for years.

The target goal is to bring in smart phone photos with as little as possible user interface. For anyones info the gps co-ords are part of the metadata stored inside a JPG.

Hi

As a relatively new user of Civil3d thought I'd take a stab at this as it looks like something we may tackle in the future.

Managed to get it to work with the attached geographic co-ordinates and .txt file format. Did notice that Civil3D is very pedantic about the file format.

Lat-Lon.txt

PointFileFormat.jpg

Thanks Spaj

Ok I have only just found the answer late yesterday and its a bug in Autocad which I will post some images etc, it may be a version problem. There are two ways of setting your zone to be used, 1 in the point import screen as posted by Spaj. The second is in the drawing settings.

Now the answer for me any way with 2016 CIV3D original no service pack. Do not fill in the zone details in the point import screen ! Fill it in the dwg settings. Then when importing points I used a file .LAT P lat long Z D etc click do co-ordinate conversion and it worked fine.

Spaj you may have it set there also.

Watch this space for photos from smart phones placed in Autocad with minimum user input.

ScreenShot062.jpg

ScreenShot065.jpg

Edited by BIGAL