Data Link to Excel keeps becoming "unreferenced"

jt6572

Hi all,

i have reffed in spreadsheets for signage schedules (existing and proposed) and have done so so that they can be edited in excel and updated as per a usual x ref.

i have done it all correctly, however today (did it friday, no issues) it just wont come back in and only ever says it is "unreferenced".

when i reffed it in (it is two pages in the same excel doc) i made them relative path, and had no issues with "download from source" via Data Link, but today after removing them and trying again due to them not updating, then being not found (the "..\" at the front of the relative path had gone missing) i cant get them in at all now; they simply show up in the x ref manager as "unreferenced" and there is nothing in the drawing.

i need them to be to a particular format and simply pasting them in is not what i am after as i need for my engineer to be able to update them as well.

has anyone experienced this and have a solution? would really appreciate any help...

thank you.

jeff

Unreferenced means that the path information is present in the file but the table has been deleted. Using the table command should allow you to reinsert it.

thanks very much guys.

i honestly cant explain it, but the spreadsheet hasnt been deleted (which is what you would think with it being "unreferenced"). i havent used this function much, so its probably just a noob thing?!

in any case, it seems fine now, but thank you for the replies. :)

thanks very much guys.

i honestly cant explain it, but the spreadsheet hasnt been deleted (which is what you would think with it being "unreferenced"). i havent used this function much, so its probably just a noob thing?!

So, it just fixed itself?

By definition "unreferenced" means that it is not present in the file. Just the path is.

thanks very much guys.

Explicitly, "Unreferenced" means the xref or link was attached at one time, and subsequently the inserted image was erased leaving only the still attached path to the file.