Any idea how to create this stair in 3dsmax please help

helpme

Here's a way you might get started. Create the profile of one step and lathe it 11.25° (assuming 16 steps are used in the 180° turn of the stairway). Then use the array feature and specify an incremental Z value of 11.25 for Rotate and the step height for the incremental Z value for Move. The 1D count should be 16. At this point you would have something that looks like this.

SpiralStair-1.JPG

SpiralStair-2.JPG

Add a helix curve (the white line in the top image) as a guide for editing and modify one of the steps so that it blends with adjacent steps. When you have one good step you can delete the rest and use array on the single step. I would use a Boolean subtract operation to remove the step geometry below floor level.

Good luck!

~Lee

• 1 month later...

Hi

What Irm suggesting is a good start however; I'm just curious, are you going to construct it or just interested to learn Max modeling?

Regards

Adsk

All you need to start is a shape and a Helix (See attached image)

I did this in about 10 min. - It is not the exact shape of the stairs but it should give you an idea of where to start - hope that helps

Adsk

Stairs.jpg

Stairs - Modifiers.JPG