autocad 2014 image

thibles17

I got a problem with my .dwg file while opening AutoCAD - File hangs or crashes AutoCAD. I opened .dwg again and error repeated. I have to recovery dwg file. Any tips, please...

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

Some times it can take a while to complete the Recovery process.

Did you give the software time to complete the process, and advise as to whether it was successful or not?

If not, you probably stopped it mid process.

As Rob implies, either it failed, or was not completed.

If the Recovery is successful, and completed, you shouldn't encounter another problem the next time you open it.

Why did you use the word "image" in your thread title?

Is there an image attached to the drawing you are having a problem with? If so, did you try detaching the image to see if the problem goes away?

Could it be a problem associated with the path to the image?

What steps other than trying the RECOVER command have you taken to troubleshoot the problem?

Are you experiencing the same problem with other drawings that have an attached image?

Try starting with a new blank drawing and then use insert to insert the problem drawing as a block at 0,0,0. If this works be sure to explode the block once before proceeding.

~Lee

Try starting with a new blank drawing and then use insert to insert the problem drawing as a block at 0,0,0. If this works be sure to explode the block once before proceeding.

~Lee

Thank I hope it would assist me.

If so, did you try detaching the image to see if the problem goes away?

Hey ReMark,

Quick legitimate question. Hope its not stupid. How would you be able to detach an image if it crashes as soon as it is opened?

I would venture that the OP is a spammer, not everyday you find an Electro/Mechanical Dentist.

Saaayyyy Whatt? Oh man this is a hot occupation right now!! Most employed in the industry have a Willy Wonka's Father (Johnny Depp Version) look with Jason Bourne pizzazz. My dads one!