bbankston

Can AutoCAD open .pnt files? If not, what program can? I ask because our glass cutting line has a feature that can trace patterns digitally, and converts that information into a .pnt file. We have software that can open the file but cannot convert it to a .dxf file (which is the file type needed for our optimization program). The name of that program that can open it is ICAD 2D, I believe it's made specifically for the cutting table. If it helps the cutting line product name is a Genius 37 CT-RS Intermac Biesse.

Thanks!

Oh, yes I've called the manufacturer, they've submitted a ticket, I just don't know how long that will take before this issue is solved.

Not off the top of my shiny metal head I don't. Where did you get the file?

The Windows version of Corel Draw Graphics Suite X8 will open a .pnt file.

Perhaps the file is a text file of coordinate points. Have you had a look at it in a text file editor like notepad?

Can you post such a file?

I regularly use pdf files which are created to give Point Data Files and are text files. The software precedes worldwide use of pdf by Acrobat.