Understanding Scaling

zoundwave07

That's one of the reasons we were able to out evolve you to the point where we can drink cold beer.:lol:
We like cold beer.

We just don't have it too cold to taste.

(Beer was being brewed long before refrigeration was invented).

Brewers have spent thousands of years getting different tasting beers perfected,

and then someone comes along with his new-fangled refridgering-machine and makes it too cold to taste anything except bubbles. Is that evolution?

Whatever you are drinking and however cold it is - cheers.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dana W

• ReMark

• Ski_Me

• zoundwave07

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spent a couple years in Baumholder Germany while in the US Army where it was snowing so bad the day I left on June 26 they weren't sure they could get me to the airport. Loved the room temperature beer while I was there as it was colder than the stuff out of the fridge back home in South Florida. The Michelsbräu Christmas beer where I was first stationed in Babenhausen was my favorite.

We like cold beer.

We just don't have it too cold to taste.

(Beer was being brewed long before refrigeration was invented).

Brewers have spent thousands of years getting different tasting beers perfected,

and then someone comes along with his new-fangled refridgering-machine and makes it too cold to taste anything except bubbles. Is that evolution?

Whatever you are drinking and however cold it is - cheers.

Hey, we'uns ain't chillin are beers to below freezin'. We'uns unwashed yankees like it at 42 to 48 deg F. Anything colder than that and it feels all burny on the tongue. You'uns is right, too cold ain't no good neither. It is more important to have a mug that collects frost when exposed to room temp air so it keeps the beer cold longer.

I think it was Dr. Lister that invented cold beer when he came up with the evaporative cooling method back in the 1890's, and he was a Brit. Nothin' newfangled about a canvas bag full of liquid hanging in the breeze. I've seen ice collect on the outside of a "Lister Bag" on a 90 deg F day, which is still used by the U.S. Army to provide cool drinking water.

Spent a couple years in Baumholder Germany while in the US Army where it was snowing so bad the day I left on June 26 they weren't sure they could get me to the airport. Loved the room temperature beer while I was there as it was colder than the stuff out of the fridge back home in South Florida. The Michelsbräu Christmas beer where I was first stationed in Babenhausen was my favorite.
When did they move Tallahassee to South Florida?:P I know exactly what you mean. I was stationed in South Korea for a year, and we used to chill beer by sitting it just outside the hooch door for a few minutes in the winter. We probably could have just held it out the window for a few minutes too, but our hands would have frozen solid. 24 F below is pretty much lower than room temp in most parts of the world. Our hooch wasn't a lot warmer than that, but too warm to chill beer. :)

For you all non-Army people, Hooch is defined as the Barracks, when it is a tent or quonset hut, or something else not really a building - from the Vietnam War era.

I am so glad were metric.

Yeh

I grew up with metric as well,:cry: my life changed for the better when we went to metric, it's a no brainer,

Never looked back.8)