Palettes are possessed

mgrenier25

I like to have some palettes docked on the right side of my screen, ribbon, tool palette, properties and layer proerties manager, in that order, from top to bottom. Sometimes after saving a drawing or printing it the palettes move by themselves, they remain docked but the order gets all messed up. I tried saving the workspace with the palettes in the order i want them and locking the ui but nothing seems to work. I'm a student and have asked my teachers about this and they can't figure it out either. Anyone had the same problem? Is there something I'm missing?

Edit : forgot to mention it was for Autocad 2016-2017

Edited by mgrenier25
Specifics

So this happens in both AutoCAD 2016 and AutoCAD 2017?

Whose computer is this? Yours or the schools?

Are all service packs installed?

When did the problem first occur?

It happens on both computers I think(need to confirm on my pc). All service packs are installed, both on Windows 7 at school and on Windows 10 at home. It started to happend as soon as i docked my palettes to the right.

I cannot say that after running AutoCAD 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 over the past four years that I have ever observed that particular problem. Maybe it is a graphics problem (onboard graphics chip or dedicated graphics card) rather than an AutoCAD problem. Anyone else in your class seeing the same thing?

What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to solve the problem?

I didn't ask my classmates about this as most of them didn't even bother to customize their UI and are still using stock UI. I know graphic card in school pc are not really top of the line as I need to REGEN a lot. I tried using icons instead of text on the palettes, it doesn't seem to happen as much but I don't like the icon setup as they are way to small to my liking.