layout tab subfolders

cooldraft

I have huge amount of layouts in my DWG. I would like to have a possibility to organize them. Is there a way to modify AutoCAD to make the creation of layout sub-directories possible?

for example:

- Model

- Element 1:

-- Element 1 frame (Layout 1)

-- Element 1 sheeting (Layout 2)

- Element 2:

-- Element 2 frame (Layout 3)

-- Element 2 sheeting (Layout 4)

-- Element 3 details (Layout 5)

etc

Not without some programming.

If my layouts were getting out of hand, I would consider splitting up the file so that it is more manageable.

These links may help:

While pressing CTRL, press Page Up to cycle up (or left) or press Page Down to cycle down (or right) to cycle through the Layout and Model tabs.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Cycling-through-Layout-tabs-using-keyboard-shortcuts.html

You can control how you change between the Model tab and one or more named layout tabs.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/AutoCAD-LT/files/GUID-DE4888EE-F07D-40D7-94AB-0AD9A1741153-htm.html

I've also added a macro to toggle TILEMODE so I can toggle between the current layout and the Model tab.

Not exactly what you asked for, but workarounds many of us are using for your situation.

If my layouts were getting out of hand, I would consider splitting up the file so that it is more manageable.
I'm with Rob on this one. Sheet Set Manager, or the old XREF Titleblock Sheet File is the way around this issue.