Useful and Favorite Keyboard / CMD Line Short Cuts

wallmaxx

I'm no pro (not yet) but I have started to keep a running list of keyboard shortcuts that make some things really easy. I'll start. I look forward to seeing what cool steps the actual pro's use. In no particular order:

-PAN

So when I draw something in model space (I work with houses) I make copies or move items a set distance apart. When in Paperspace, if I double click a Viewport, I can type -PAN and then click to set the base point, move the cursor a short distance in the direction I want the model space to move, then type in the set distance I used and the model space is moved that exact distance inside the viewport.

LIST

So this is really great to generate info on an item. If I need the area of something, if its a closed polyline, this works great. For other more complex things, I still hatch the areas I need, then do [Tools] [inquiry] [Area] [O] for object then click on the hatched surface. The perimeter and area show up in the command line history. (Scroll up or expand the command line)

Zoomfactor

If I switch out mouse hardware (Logitech to apple or whatever) the scroll wheel zoom in or out needs adjustment. I think the default is 60. Well, it is on steroids with the apple mouse, the slightest zoom in or out is like instant all the way in to the molecular level or all the way out to the moon. Once I set this number lower, things returned to a sane state of operations.

Keyboard shortcut use in a no brainer for increase speed. I hope to learn more tips here. Thanks for reading.

Tool Palettes. They are highly customizable. I've went so far as to create full "packages", complete with LISP routines, system variable toggles and everything that resembles a 3rd party add-on for my specific needs.

Use the UCS in 2D, very handy. With a few shortcut keys you can rotate the UCS to an object, do your work, two keys and you are back.

XYZ filters, not as handy as using tracking but I keep tracking off for the most part so by the time I have everything set where I need it I could have drawn the object and moved on.

The Ribbon is very handy IF you customize it, out of the box not as handy, but the Contextual Tab States are very handy. Use everything, keyboard, Ribbon, Tool Palettes, etc. Some things are better than others depending on the command, so on.